Whether you have a pet or are planning to adopt a furry friend, getting your pet spayed or neutered is vital. Furthermore, spaying or neutering your pet doesn’t just help prevent accidental litters, but also helps your pet live a longer, healthier life. Not to mention, spaying or neutering your pet eliminates or reduces a wide variety of health problems that can be very difficult and expensive to treat such as many types of cancer, tumors as well as other serious health complications. However, while you can find a slew of pet hospitals offering spay and neuter services in Mcallen, choosing the right one can be a daunting task.
Nonetheless, if you do proper research and ask the right questions, you can easily find the best spay and neuter clinic. Read on to find out five questions to ask before choosing a spay and neuter clinic.
- How many procedures are performed each day in the clinic? When it comes to choosing the right spay and neuter clinic, make sure you find out how many procedures are performed each day in the clinic. Many times, spay and neuter clinics may perform more than 50 procedures per day. This understandably can put pressure on the surgeon to work quickly and can make it hard to monitor all of the recovering patients closely. Consecutively, make sure you choose a spay and neuter clinic that works on one patient at a time.
- How much will your service cost me? Without a doubt, a crucial factor that you need to take into consideration when choosing a spay and neuter clinic is the cost. Furthermore, make sure you compare the price charged by different spay and neuter clinics before making the final decision.
- Who will perform the surgery? One of the major factors that you need to take into account when choosing a spay and neuter clinic is making sure you find out who will perform the surgery. Furthermore, make sure you choose a spay and neuter clinic where the surgery will be performed by a team of highly-skilled and qualified veterinarians and technicians.
- What is the pain management protocol? Pain management should be used before, during and after spay/neuter surgery. If there is not a plan for this, make sure you look for another spay and neuter clinic. There are no good excuses for not controlling pain.
- Can you provide me with references? If you are still on the fence about choosing a spay and neuter clinic, you can always ask them if they have references from previous clients. Make sure you get at least two references from the spay and neuter clinic and then go the extra step to verify them.
While these were some of the questions that you need to ask before choosing a spay and neuter clinic, there are many others, such as types of pets they won’t fix, reviews and testimonials among many others. Besides, while you can find numerous pet hospitals offering spay and neuter services in Mcallen, make sure you keep in mind the above-mentioned tips and tricks for making an informed decision.