Whether you have a pet or are planning to adopt a furry friend, one of the most important health decisions you’ll make is to spay or neuter your pet. Often referred to as fixing or altering, spaying and neutering are the processes of removing the reproductive organs of an animal. Not only will spaying or neutering your pets eliminate unwanted puppies or kittens in your own home, but will also help your pet live a longer and healthier life. Not to mention, spaying or neutering can also reduce aggressive behavior, helping your pet become a calmer and more affectionate companion. Besides, you can find a plethora of animal care clinics offering spay and neuter services in Laredo.
Furthermore, spaying or neutering your pet eliminates or reduces a wide variety of health problems that can be very difficult and expensive to treat such as many types of cancer, tumors, and other serious health complications. Read on to find out five reasons to spay or neuter your pet.
- Your pet will live a longer, healthier life- One of the major benefits of spaying or neutering your pet is the fact that it helps your pet live a longer, healthier life. Furthermore, spaying helps prevent uterine infections as well as breast cancer, which can be fatal for both female cats and dogs. Moreover, neutering male pets can prevent testicular cancer, if done before pets are six months and older.
- Good for you- Generally, pets that have been spayed or neutered are calmer, better behaved, and more affectionate than pets that are not altered. Furthermore, many aggression problems can be avoided by early neutering. Not to mention, spayed and neutered pets have fewer tendencies to mark their territory with urine, which means less cleaning and better sanitary conditions.
- Protects your pets from contagious disease- Pets that have not been spayed or neutered inevitably come into contact with more animals, putting them at higher risk for contracting contagious diseases like infections and viruses. Furthermore, having your pet spayed or neutered will protect your furry friend from contagious diseases.
- Cost-effective- By spaying or neutering your pet, you save the cost of caring for future litters as well as reduce the likelihood of your pet needing veterinary treatment for injuries occurring when fighting or roaming.
- Curbs undesirable hormone-related behaviors- Another major benefit of spaying or neutering your pet is the fact that it helps in curbing undesirable hormone-related behaviors in pets. By having your female pet spayed, they will no longer have a heat cycle. This will eliminate the attraction and approach of unwanted attention from male dogs. Furthermore, neutered male dogs, especially those used for security, are less likely to wander off an owner’s property. They can better serve as watchdogs and may not need to be tied up and are less likely to contract diseases or suffer injury.
While these were some of the reasons to spay or neuter your pet, there are many others, such as slow population growth, good for the community among many others. Besides, you can find numerous animal care clinics offering spay and neuter services in Laredo. At the end of the day, having your pet spayed or neutered not only helps to reduce the pet population, but it can also help to keep your furry friend healthy.